Thursday 10 January 2013

Mt. Mayon: A 22-Second Glimpse

I am a proud bicolana!

Before I came to Manila, my everydays were spent in the comfort of the slopes of Mt. Mayon. Back then, it was just like other volcanoes - a natural land formation that is located at the heart of the province of Albay. It is just a peep away from home! I barely stare at its magnificence. It is only when I came to the metro to work that I started to appreciate the beauty of this perfectly shaped cone.

This time, as a mountain enthusiast, I dream of conquering it and the first practical step is through this. I know of mountaineers who have Mt. Mayon in their list! Let me bring you closer to it in 22 seconds!

Here's an amateur time lapse video of clouds dramatically dancing around its slope slowly revealing its shape beneath the blue skies! Oh! It is not well-framed but I know you'll love it :)


Photos taken by Dexter in December 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Batanes Trip: The Engagement

We woke up to the flapping of the tent. Our bright yellow shelter braved the winds of Itbayat in the morning of April 15, 2014. Tito Dan...